Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 25 of 5am and SPoH: Day 3 - More Water


Today I did Shred-It with weights by Jillian Michaels.  I was really excited and ready to sweat, but my heart rate barely maintained 120.  So either I need a heavier weight to work with, or I need to vamp it up a little more.  There was one particular exercise that was difficult for me to do, but I was expecting more.  While it makes me feel good to know that the exercises are getting easier for me, on the other hand, I realize that means I'm going to have to work harder and push myself on the more difficult exercises so that I can perfect them more.  Mixed feelings today.



SPoH: Day 3 – More on water.  Interesting concept – when you take water away from a plum, you get a prune.  Just ponder that for a moment.  This is what water does for your skin.  For those who are losing weight, when you are dehydrated your body releases a hormone that causes water retention.  When you start drinking more water, your body releases all of the toxins and access water that it has been storing up.  So you may be going to the restroom more frequently for awhile, but over time as you continue to drink water, you will find that you won’t have to go nearly as often.  Your body is merely flushing out the system so to speak.  Experiencing memory loss? More recent studies show that our brains actually can grow new cells and since it is made up of 85% water, there is hope if you are drinking enough water.  Did you know that on average infants have about 80% water where as the elderly has less than 50% water?  Water can help to revive the cells in our body.  Basically, water helps to slow the aging process down.  I think I’m more motivated.  Colbert challenges everyone to start eating more salads, vegetables, and fruits because they contain a high percentage of water in them.

To follow up with yesterdays post, I drank a total of 112 oz of water yesterday.  How did everyone else do? Today I am currently at 78 oz.  After reading today's segment of the book, I'm feeling pretty good about it.  I am even encouraging some of my students to drink more water in hopes that maybe it will help some of them with what they are dealing with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment