Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day workout & SPoH: Day 12 - Is your bedroom setup for sleeping in or for living in?

Today was another biggest loser workout.  I did Biggest Loser the Workout: Power Sculpt.  I have to say that so far out of all the workouts that I have done, the biggest loser workouts have been my favorite.  Maybe I am partial to them because I watch the show.  I also like is that it is not so challenging that I can't handle making it through the workout.  Yet, I am still getting the workout that I need.  I'm getting my heart rate up.  I'm feeling the burn.  I think right now it is right at my level.

There is an exercise that I really liked on this video.  I'm not sure if I have seen it before, but it's what is recognized as a curtsy lunge.  You could do the exercise as seen in the video or if you are still new to exercise, you can keep your back leg back on the floor and simply take your body up and down straightening and bending your legs.  What I liked about this exercise is how it really works the side of your glutes.  This is an exercise I suppose that is more for the ladies.  If you want to make it more challenging, you can hold weights  in your hands during the exercise and/or you could also bring your knee up as you stand rather than tapping your foot on the floor.

SPoH: Day 12 - Is your bedroom a place that you walk into and feel at peace, or is it mass chaos?  When you are going to sleep or relax, your bedroom should not be a place of frustration or a place where you do things other than relax.  Colbert advises that it would be better not to have things like your tv or computer in the bedroom.  Because our bodies only release melatonin when there is darkness, it can be a problem when we are trying to wind down with a tv or computer emitting light into our eyes.  It is also difficult if you use your computer for work and it is sitting in the one place where you should be able to relax.  Some of us live next to busy streets which can unfortunately mean a lot of noise at night.  Having something that makes 'white' noise can be helpful with drowning out the inconsistent sounds that are coming from outside.  In the past I have simply used a fan or humidifier as my source of white noise at night.  The sounds they emit are consistent and tend to drown out the noises from outside the bedroom.  If your room is cluttered or dirty, you may find yourself stressed or the air your are breathing is not as healthy as it should be.  Take care of your room.  Not because of all those years that your mom told you to clean your room.  Do it for your sleep and your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment