Wednesday, November 2, 2011

No 5am & SPoH: Day 4 - Tap Water

So apparently the workout with Jillian Michaels I did was more taxing on my body then I thought.  I needed to take a day of rest.  Hoping I can get up tomorrow and workout.  Right now it is almost 9pm and my legs are still hurting.  Not looking for further injury, so I will just wait and see how I am tomorrow.  I'm thinking about doing pilates tomorrow if I can.

SPoH: Day 4 - Tap Water.  I always felt that tap water was ok.  that the little bit of chlorine that they put in it was good because it got rid of any bacteria that I don't want entering my body.  What I was reading today though is that chlorine may get rid of the bacteria, but it doesn't eliminate all of the toxins, metals,  pesticides, personal care products, and other chemicals that have seeped into the water.  It doesn't always eliminate the bacteria either.  Fluoride in the water is not good for us either.  Ever notice on tooth paste how it says 'Warning do not swallow'?  That's because fluoride is not good for our bodies.    At one time, tap water was ok to drink, but currently, there are too many things that can effect our health.  If you want to take a deeper look at your cities water, check out www.ewg.org.  There is more to come another day on what to do to remedy this situation.

Given the economical situations that many of us our dealing with in our country, not being able to drink tap water is a bit of a concern to me.  It's not free, but it certainly is a lot cheaper then buying bottles of water to drink every week, I think. Not to mention all of the bad things that I have heard about drinking from water bottles.  I'm interested in hearing what Colbert has to say about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment