Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 27 of 5am & SPoH: Day 9 - Causes of Insomnia

Ok, so I am a little behind on my blogs.  Tuesday, I did the On the ball Pilates workout for beginners.  I have not done a pilates video workout for quite some time.  The last time I tried a pilates video workout I couldn't even make it through the first few exercises.  Maybe I didn't check the level of difficulty.  This one was challenging, but not so much that I was not able to at least get through the exercises.  I do notice that I am getting stronger though, so maybe that is why I am able to handle it.

SPoH: Day 9 - Causes of Insomnia.  Are you experiencing restless sleep?  There could be many reasons for it. Here are a list or reasons that could be causing it: stress/anxiety, physical pain, caffeine, cigarettes/alcohol (yes, even alcohol), medications, too much sugar or highly processed foods, low-carb diets, exercising within 3 hours before you go to bed, bad sleeping arrangements, snoring spouse, women/men physical problems, babies, or your environment.  What is causing your lack of sleep?  Do you have anything you would include?

I would mention drinking water just before your bedtime.  Obesity can cause a number of physical issues as well that make it difficult, such as acid reflux or sleep apnea.  As you lose weight, you may find yourself resting better.  I know it has certainly helped me.  Although, I have a long way to go yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment