Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 24 of 5am & SPoH: Day 2 - More Water

It is getting more difficult to drag myself out of bed when it is so cold, but after a month of getting up at 5am, I know how good it feels after I have done my workout for the day.  If you are doing this with me, you know that getting up on a cold morning and working out that your body warms up after the activity and you are ready to go for the day.  Today I did a workout with Denise Austin's Bootcamp.  I have heard of Denise Austin, but this is the first time that I have ever done a workout with her.  I liked this workout because she got my heart rate up in a quick amount of time and the movements were fast too keep it fairly consistent.  Great workout!



SPoH: Day 2- The effects of having a lack of water is today's topic.  In my last blog a few things were mentioned.  Today though Colbert went into more details.  Because water is such a high percentage of our bodies, there are certain parts of our bodies that begin to deteriorate or fail to do their job if we are not hydrating our body enough.  Some of the problems that he addressed were joint pains, high blood pressure, digestive problems, and asthma.  So many people look for other remedies or medications to treat the symptoms, but they are not treating the actual problem.  According to Colbert, it is because our bodies are dehydrated.  If you have popping joints or high acidity in your stomach, he says it is because your are not giving your body the proper amounts of water.  So, again, the challenge is to boost your intake of water.  Make this a goal.  Remember on Saturday, I mentioned that you should drink half your weight in ounces.  So challenge yourself for 6 weeks to do that.  If you want to go even farther, drink only water anytime you have something to drink because we know that other drinks can have adverse effects.  That will be my goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment