Monday, October 24, 2011

Saturday Morning Workout - Last Chance Workout!

Ok, so I have been doing the Cardio Max workout recently and alternating it with Bob Harper's Inside Out Method Pure Strength.  Today, to give myself something a little different, I decided to check out the Biggest Losers Last Chance Workout DVD.  I did the cardio segment of the video since I did strength yesterday and it kicked my rear end!  When your hair is wet and water is dripping off your nose and you even feel a little shaky still at the end of it, you know you got a good workout.  I just want to say that if you have been working out, but it would be nice to have a routine for a few weeks, this would be a good DVD to have.  It breaks it down for you Monday - Saturday at 3 different levels that are done over a course of six weeks. Starting with 30-35 minute workouts and ending in the last segment with 55 minute workouts each day.  I checked mine out at the library.  If anyone is like me, you like variety.  You do ok with doing the same workout for awhile, but then you just have that itch for a change.  Something different then what you were doing before.  Keep your workouts fresh!  You will find that you are more motivated to workout when you know that you are going to try a different workout from time to time.  If you can make your own routine, do it!  I've done it before so I can watch a show that I like while I'm working out ie biggest loser.  If you have a lot of fat to lose, keep in mind that you got to build up that muscle and muscle weighs more than fat so it may not look like you are losing anything on the scale.  You will start to notice in your clothes though and in the mirror.  If you don't see the lbs moving on the scale, use a tape measure for awhile and watch your inches instead.  Don't get discouraged by the scale not going down.  Just make sure that your HR is getting up during your workouts and you will start to see those changes.  If the workout you are doing is getting too easy, it's time to make a change.  Challenge yourself to work harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment