Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 17 of 5am - Triceps

Took a leap of faith and tried the hour long segment of Bob Harper's Inside Out Pure Strength.  Ok, so I only made it through 50 minutes because if I went any longer, I would not have time to get ready for work.  My arms are still shaking from the workout.  Anyways, so there was a couple of exercises that I don't remember ever doing before.  Tricep Press and Skull Crushers.  I've been through weight training, of course it was back in oh, I think 98 or so, but I don't remember us performing these exercises.  If you are looking for exercises to help tighten your upper arms, these can really help. Here are a couple of videos to show the exercises I am talking about. http://www.ehow.com/video_4982068_tricep-press-exercises.html http://www.ehow.com/video_2360052_skull-crusher-dumbbell-arm-exercise.html  For me, I have a difficult time doing the tricep exercise over my head.  I think it may be called a tricep raise or something.  Where you are standing putting the dumbells behind your head with your elbows pointing straight up and your upper arms next to your ears.  You then raise your hands up above your head to exercise your tricep and move it back down.  That completes the rep.  I really struggle with this one.  The positioning of it is very uncomfortable.  If you feel the same way, you can try the other exercises I just posted.  More exercises that are helpful for that troubled area is a tricep kickback or extension and of course pushups!  I am getting better at them believe it or not.  Still doing them the girly way, but I'm not struggling to get down deep as much.  One of these days I'll move up to doing regular pushups.  Thanks for all of your encouragement.  If you are reading this, can you "like" my message so I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment