Monday, October 24, 2011

Columbus Day Workout - What is your Motivation?

This morning I did not do a 5am because I did not have to be at work early in the morning, so I did a later workout.  Today I did Cardio.  I have about 3 weeks left with these DVDs and I want to get the most out of them.  I wanted to talk about motivation today because I was about 10 minutes through my workout when I really felt like stopping.  I was thinking of all my old excuses of "I'm too tired for this" "I'd rather be doing something else"  "This is too complicated for me" so on and so forth.  I realized what I was doing and I stopped myself.  I made a commitment to do this and I should stick too it especially when I have the time to do it.  I replaced my thoughts with "I'm doing this to get healthy" and "I want to be more fit for one day when I might have a baby and later on when I have kids" and "I know that I have more energy to do other things when I am on task with my exercising."  It's important to find your motivation.  No one else can find it for you.  Stop making excuses.  Find your excuses and counteract them with things that motivate you just like I mentioned.  I pushed myself through what needed to be done.  I don't always feel that way when I work out, but when I do, I just have to remind myself of why I am doing those things.  Hope you all have a wonderful day off, that is if you have today off.
Me after my workout today. Look at that sweat! I'm so glad I pushed through because I certainly got a workout today.

No comments:

Post a Comment