Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 11 of 5am

Today was Cardio.  I decided to do the 2nd session today.  I was really dragging, but I figured I have to start somewhere.  While I was working out today, I was thinking that I should share some things that I have learned.  I'm hoping that some of the things that I have learned might help someone else in their goal to be healthy.  Anyways, the one thing I was thinking about today is acid reflux.  I know, gross topic right?  But since I tend to have this issue and I know many in our country have this problem as well, I thought I would talk about it.  I find that I sometimes have more issues with acid reflux effecting my workouts in the morning more than if I workout then the evening.  See http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5132416_acid-reflux-worse-morning.html to grasp an understanding of why this is.  What I have learned is when you are having problems during your workout, you can modify some of the exercises.  And if you can't, just substituting an exercise where your torso is facing upright would suffice.  The importance of a workout is to keep moving.  I personally like to have a piece of fruit before I workout.  I have heard that a piece of fruit helps you to have the stamina you need to get through the workout.  Recent studies also have said that fruit is best to be eatin' a half hour before or after any other foods.  Fruit naturally floats to the top and because of the high acid content it can be hard on your stomach.  Because it floats to the top, it is the last thing to be digested when you eat it with other foods.  Perhaps this may be one reason why dessert was usually fruit way back when.  Check out the list on http://www.thefruitpages.com/acidsweet.shtml to see what fruits are lower in acid that you can eat in the morning before you workout.  Immediately after a workout I have another fiber in the form of grains and protien in the form of dairy, an egg, or turkey bacon.  I hope this information is helpful.  If you have any questions or comments I'd like to hear them. :)

      

No comments:

Post a Comment