Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year! & SPoH: Day 30 - Where do toxins come from?

The New Year has commenced and I am so excited for what is to come this year.  I am working on learning sign language.  I've already begun my bible readings.  While I have not started my 5am workouts this year, I am planning to do so starting tomorrow and I am really excited.  If you have not tried doing the early morning workouts, I must recommend it.  I feel so much better physically and even mentally when I workout in the morning.  I am also ready to get back to eating much better.  The holidays always seem to be the easiest time to gain weight.  Our culture is so inclined to have every favorite food item available at our family/friend parties when our bodies don't need it.  Next time you are considering having a family party, look at your food pyramid and limit what you serve.  It can be fun to have leftovers, but it has happened to me where sometimes you have leftovers for too long and the food is no longer good enough for you to eat.  Anyways, I am ready to feel healthy again.

SPoH: Day 30 - Where do toxins come from?  Air, Food, Water, and Skin contact.  Essentially through every possible opening we have on our bodies. 

The air contains loads of pollutants that if you live in America have most likely learned in an environmental biology or science class.  Industrialization, Cars, the Ozone, Pesticides - all of these things effect our air and eventually our bodies.  Inside our homes we deal with chemicals and bacteria.  If you are a smoker, things will be numerous times worse for you and your family.  I am thankful that in the state of Illinois, smoking has been banned from restaurants.

For foods, non-organic produce usually contains pesticides, herbicides, parasites and chemicals.  With processed foods you expose yourself to a number of chemicals.  Just read the back of a canned or boxed food.  If you do not know what a particular ingredient is on the list and it sounds like a chemistry element or compound, most likely it is a chemical meant to help preserve the product or enhance the taste synthetically.  Just imagine that going into your body.  Oh yes, and there is even a form of bleach found in many foods.  The stuff that has the warning label on it to not get it on your skin.  Animals imported from out of the country still contain DDT and PCBs which have been banned in the US.  Again, better to stick with Organic.  Also look for alkalizing foods to raise the pH levels in your bodies.  Also remember to drink filtered water. 
When choosing your fruit and tea drinks, again, stick with organic.  They have the same issues that our foods have.  It's always better to stick with water.

Don't forget that your skin is porous.  If you are using chemicals of any sort, it is better to wear gloves and keep your skin protected.  You want to be mindful of what chemicals can also cause more harm to the air you breath in your home.  While I love the clean feel I get from using bleach in my bathroom, the fumes are toxic.  I have resorted to using more milder cleaners

No comments:

Post a Comment