Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 44 of 5am & SPoH: Day 31 - Toxins that you would not expect

Sorry for the delay.  I was working on this being posted January 3rd!  Keep that in mind when reading this.

So I did it!  I woke up at 5am to do my workout.  Yay!  This is much better than last year.  I was doing pretty well with the workouts up until Christmas break and then I pretty much quit or at least wound up not working out nearly as much.  Anyways, today I pulled out Jillian Michaels "No More Trouble Zones."  Talk about intense!  Of course, I'm going to have to rebuild my body back up to where it was about 2 weeks ago because I did not do much working out over the course of the last two weeks.  I managed to do about 35 minutes worth of this video.  I wanted to do more before I realized that it is a 56 minute workout and not a 40 minute workout like the cover said.  Note about workout times on videos.  Sometimes I have found that they do not include the warm up and cool down in the actual time.  So if you see 40 minutes, plan on it being at least 10 minutes longer.  Anyways, great workout though.  I have  feeling that I am going to feel it tomorrow.  Jillian does a great thing with this particular workout and many others I have seen where she combines working two areas at the same time.  Lower and upper body.  It's nice because it gets your heart rate up a little more and you are maximizing the movement and getting the most out of it as you can.  I plan to use this workout DVD for awhile.  Looking forward to seeing results.  Push ups are getting easier.  Still on the knees.  Not ready for the feet yet.

SPoH: Day 30 - Toxins that you would not expect. Heavy Metals have been known to cause several unpleasant symptoms.  We are exposed to them through our foods and our environments.  To help detoxify our bodies from the metal you should have chlorophyll foods, including wheat grass, barley grass, oat grass, healthy algae, and other supplements.   Many of our dentists in the past have used silver amalgam fillings for those unwanted cavities.  Unfortunately it exposes us to the metal mercury.  Most everyone knows that mercury does not do a body good.  This metal is slowly released into our bodies from the time we receive the filling until we eventually die.  However, you may be exposed to even more if you have them removed improperly.  If you decide to have them removed, make sure you find a dentist that is well aware of the effects and knows how to handle it.  If you or your children have any cavities, it is safer to go with the porcelain.  It is more up front cost, but think of the health that you will be saving!  Less problems down the road. Many of us already know that household products we use contain many toxins that are not good for our bodies.  If you are going to use chemicals, be sure to read the labels and make sure that your skin is not exposed.  Your body has a less chance of being effected by them when you are wearing rubber gloves than if you are washing with bare hands.  Also, beware of the toxins they emit in the air.  A good inhalation of bleach or ammonia can damage your lungs. If you can switch to natural products for cleaning (such as vinegar & lemon juice) and cosmetics (see www.safecosmetics.org), it is much better for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment